Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blake Ostler - A Response To Mormon Neo-Othdodoxy

Rating:★★★★
Category:Other
http://sunstonemagazine.com/audio/SL89065.mp3

Blake is the second speaker and most interesting of the three. The part I found most interesting is that I was given a concrete reason why LDS use the term "transgression" when referring to the fall of Adam. He also stated why he doesn't believe in Original Sin. First and foremost is that it wasn't a sin. In order to sin, you have to have a knowledge of Good and Evil, which was lacking and really the point of the myth. Adam didn't know Good or Evil, and hence, could not sin. I know that the BoM could be read that way but I never thought it in such simple terms before. He does spell out other reasons why "Original Sin" can't exist, and even in his latest book, does it exaustively. I still like that little snippet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment