Saturday, November 1, 2008

Order 66

Rating:
Category:Books
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Author:Traviss Karen
When I picked up Order 66, it took me about 10-20 pages before it sunk in that I had no idea what was going on. I had to read the previous novel, "True Colors" in order to make ANY sense out of the book. With that said, I'll continue.

I never have understood the fascination with Boba Fett. Other than a neat name, the character is about as interesting as a cement brick. I think this is the first indication in some Star Wars fans that they are brain damaged. Fett was a minor character in the first movies and died a silly death, even though he was brought back in the later books. Still, to very little interest to me. However, he comes back again, time after time, like a repeating burp.

I'm tired of Mandalorian words. Ms Traviss litters her books with them. Enough already! The ability to make up words does not mean you are a good author. It became old, real fast.

All in all, I would really enjoy not reading another of Ms Traviss' books again, but for some reason Lucas Books has her on retainer. She does not write interesting stories. Aside from the endless banter between the troopers, and realize that that is the only draw of the books, the stories are uninteresting. They give me little insight, other than the constant underlying theme that the troopers are mandalorian. Who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment