Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ramayana

Rating:★★
Category:Books
Genre: Religion & Spirituality
Author:Krishna Dharma
Book can be found at
http://www.amazon.com/Ramayana-Indias-Immortal-Adventure-Wisdom/dp/1887089063/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226172952&sr=1-3.

After many months of page at a time reading, I finally finished this book.
I'm still not sure how to take it. I mean, Rama seemed to be completely clueless in being the Supreme Being. Others recognized it, but he didn't.
The main thrust of the story is that Rama was to be the ruling king of the world, but was tricked out of his position and was in exile in the forest with his wife, Sita. Sita was kidnapped by a demon king and with the help of monkeys and other wildlife, Rama got her back. He didn't treate her all that well afterwords, if I recall.
The story kind of flowed but the hyperbole was more than I could really take. Nothing was just done, it was completed with the power and force of the Gods. During the final battle, it appeared that every single mountain peak on Lanka was thrown at the demons. Mountains were very heavily used in the narrative.

All in all, not sure I liked it. The Krishna Book is a bit more entertaining. I still have the Mahabarata from the same author to read. I'll see if it is any better.

Man, I wish Tom Clancy would write a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment